Monday, August 12, 2013

Superhero Film Week

Hello readers and before you start showing me the signs of the cross or the extremely cross allow me to explain.  The films I refer such are more remnants of my childhood harking back to the 70's to latter 80's.  Yes I am THAT old.   Okay the reasons behind this is with all the green screen and CGI era we should appreciate the humble beginnings of superimposed photography, blue screen and scale model of various size. From an era of my youth that encompasses Omega Man to Raiders of the Lost Ark gives us a rounded look of stunt work, explosions and some corny writing.  Pulp Fiction based characters such as Doc Savage, Kurok the Dinosaur Hunter and of course Tarzan, Lord of the Apes.
 
Can't twist my neck but at least you can understand me.














I hope this week will shed light to these filming days but should also make my younger readers snicker. 10 to 1 most of you have seen these films before and yes as always we will go over them in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment