Monday, July 14, 2014

007 Week

Yes, I have seen Jolie in the buff.  Impressive.














Good day and hello to my readers of my tripe.  I appreciate each and everyone of you for comments, complaints and overall suggestions.  That being said I am bringing us a few cinematic collections based on one suave, sophisticated and lethal fellow in service of the Queen.  Based on internationally known novelist Ian Fleming we will be checking out a man in more states of undress than Courtney Love "sober".   I speak of none other than James Bond.   This week we will be going over the various incarnations of this iconic character with the minor exception I will NOT sit through On Her Majesty's Secret Service.  I would rather have my eye lids taped back with needles threatening to gouge them if I blink or look away from one of Andy Dick's sexual soirees.

Lazenby?  Don't make me laugh.













The basis of the character was created as a Royal Naval Reserve Commander during World War II, where he went on to being an intelligence analyst and finally an field agent for the fictitious MI-6 receiving his double o status of license to kill.  A blunt instrument with a certain sophistication, charm and grace and remain out of the spotlight...  and yet they kept casting faces and builds that we recognized.  Go figure.  Officially 7 men have portrayed this character, Sean Connery against Ian Fleming's wishes being the first.  Bring a sense of humor and a mildly repressed Scottish accent, Dr. No managed to gross more than $16 million from the US in 1962 on a $1.1 million dollar budget.  Not too shabby, eh?    So grab a dame, a vodka martini, shaken not stirred and keep the Walther PPK at the ready.


Not upset, just holding in a sneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment