Monday, June 2, 2014

Sean Connery Week

Thanks to a bum tooth being yanked, followed by errands and a migraine appointment I realize that Random Picks Week was cut very short and I do plead for forgiveness.  To make it up to my readers I present to you Sean Connery Week.  We will go over films we know by heart to the more obscure.  I will however NOT be review Zardoz so for those of you that were interested in my take on that, keep on wondering.
We will be looking at a career that spans more than 5 decades, the original Bond and ranging from Drama, Comedy, Science Fiction and Action.

Very few men could pull this look off you know.













So for the Scotish, 6'2" lefty managed his fair share of rough and tumble heroes throughout his career and probably the only man to turn down the role of Gandalf simply due to the 18 months furlough in New Zealand and didn't get the novels.

With 94 film credits to his name including lending his voice to the video game James Bond 007: From Russia with Love and voice over for Draco of Dragonheart, Sir Connery has been revered as the 24th Greatest Movie Star of all time by Entertainment Weekly and has been parodied in countless SNL skits, referenced via pop culture and TV series.   Hell I do an impression of him and frankly I would like his opinion on it.   Anybody have his number offhand?

No, I will not sing, "Underneath the Mango Tree."

No comments:

Post a Comment