Monday, May 12, 2014

Anime Week!

Okay boys and girls, I got a decent request that did NOT involve Troma movies, slasher flicks or some obscure Japanese torture movie.  My best friend Shawn approached me with a nice simplistic idea of doing an Anime Week.  So the next five days we will tackle a plethora of anime movies of different genre.  Oh yes, there are sub genres in the anime world as you would come to expect.  A novel concept in of itself given the mass collection of Japan-animation my girlfriend Janine and I have collectively.  

Hmm, must be one of those kid kites I have heard so much about.















This of course means we will be ranging from anything to comedic standing, action, some sci-fi and even maybe a horror or two.  As always, I will do my level best to keep it PG-13 in both description and visual.  
 This particular animation process began as far back as 1934 due to the light shading process and multiple drawings creating movement that was fluid and coherent.


Sir, the weather seems a bit rough!













From the success of Gigantor, Astro Boy and Captain Harlock, the 1980's became flooded by it in the states receiving English dubbed versions of Voltron, Transformers and Robotech.   Shows like Shadowhawks, Thundercats and G.I. Joe started hiring out artists from Japan to produce the same quality work and thus animation in the states has never been the same since.  Whether the shading is as intense offering greater definition, comical expression or a battle royale with the forces of good and evil, Japanimation has altered cartoons.


TetsurooOOoOoOoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment